Monday, August 18, 2008

Christina Applegate Plans to Start A Family


Christina Applegate wants to be a mom, and is not going to let a cancer diagnosis discourage her hope. Days before she was diagnosed with breast cancer last month, Christina told an interviewer of her longing to get pregnant. “I’m at that age where, biologically, it calls me a lot,” she said. “I don’t want to wait until I’m in my mid-40s.”

Star magazine reports that Christina has vowed to put off a punishing course of chemotherapy until after she has succeeded in starting a family. Christina’s is trying to conceive a baby with musician Martyn Lenoble, whom she has dated for several months. She does plan to begin chemotherapy treatments, as soon as possible after the birth.

“A baby is the most important thing in the world to Christina right now,” said the source. “She doesn’t want to expose her body to chemo or radiation until after she gives birth.”

We commend her strength and courage.

No comments: